Oh my gosh, 2017 is here already!
It has been ages since I last picked up a printed planner book. All of my personal and business planning have been digital on Google calendar and Evernote. From my online studies with Marie Forleo's Business School, I stumbled across Danielle LaPorte's Desire Map Planner, Daily Edition (not sponsored post, just plain love for her work).
The planner makes you think about how you truly want to feel and adjust your actions and thoughts accordingly. Love how gratitude is also a key component because it truly puts everything into perspective. So excited to finally be able to use it every day.
Here's a snapshot of my desired feelings and actions. It will help me reset my soul daily.
My desired feelings: peace, love, connected, creative, purposeful, alive, strong, healthy
- Unplug and be present with my family
- Enjoy the wonders of motherhood and giving my daughters a safe space to grow, make mistakes, get back up, and learn.
- Be spontaneous and do things out of the norm
- Build a meaningful business by connecting and serving thoughtful + positive individuals
- Collaborate with creative souls who are making an impact for good
- Plan my day based on my desired feelings instead of simply results
- Protect my time and respect other people's time
- Get rest and prioritize self love and acceptance
- Wake up 5:30 am and write daily
- Run outside and break a sweat more
Putting my actions into practice.
During winter break, the hubs and I took an impromptu road trip to Austin with our little ones. The stars all aligned: doggy daycare had one last open spot, our aging SUV got a brand new battery and alternator the day before, and Omni Hotel promo rates matched our travel dates. Besides using my phone to take photos, I unplugged and consciously took in every moment. Best of all, the memories will live on forever.
Do you have any favorite impromptu adventure moments to share? Please share to give us ideas on what to do next